The International Learning Alliance (ILA) aims to facilitate multi-stakeholder learning to inform SAI policy and investment decision making and for building institutional capacity to share the lessons from the programme at the global level. The 5th ILA meeting was held on the 12th – 14th November 2019 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The overall aims of the 5th ILA were therefore to:
- Enable research projects and NLAs to share and reflect on their key results,
- Reflect on SAIRLA’s overall outcomes and lessons, and
- Communicate the programme’s findings, evidence and tools to decision makers.
Its objectives were:
- Stakeholders with a more common understanding of SAI issues and how to strengthen the enabling environment for equitable SAI
- Researchers better able to communicate findings and tools
- Decision makers informed by a broader body of SAI-related evidence and tools and their implications